Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Thanksgiving Tradition

After our yearly trek into the city for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Clarke girls also participate in the annual making of the place mats. Back in 2008, when Kirsten was just 2 years old, I began a Thanksgiving tradition. Thanks to Better Homes and Gardens, I found this adorable printable placemat. The link to it no longer exists on their site, so thank goodness I saved it here:


Each year, the girls and I spend some time completing our placemat, which I then laminate. I am not really sure which I enjoy more, the ideas they choose to record, the details they include in the self-portraits, or the progression of their handwriting.

Let's take a trip down memory through our Thanksgiving placemats.

Kirsten's First Thanksgiving Placemat, 2008



2009


2010



2011



2012
















No comments:

Post a Comment