Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Day at the Museum

We decided to take a trip to the Museum of Natural History this weekend. I have been dying to take the girls....

I thought it might be fun for us to have a family movie night the night before and watch Night at the Museum. You know, to help us prepare for the big trip. I will be honest, I had not seen the movie, but I knew it was set at the Museum of Natural History. 

Then it came to me... Wouldn't it be fun to send the girls on a scavenger hunt to find the characters in the movie?

So I pulled out these awesome chipboard books that I had purchased at Michaels for just $1.50 (I knew I would eventually find something to do with them). Printed some pictures from the museum's website... And voila, their very own, Day at the Museum scavenger hunt books! I included Rexie, Dexter, the Easter Island Head (which Julia calls Gum Gum and Kirsten calls Dum Dum), the non-wooly mammoth, Alaska moose, African elephants, African lions, and the ostrich.



As they found each character, they checked it off. And of course they then got to take a picture with that character!





We had so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment