Saturday, September 1, 2012

Potholders Gone Fabulous!


When I was a kid, all I could do with plastic loom was make potholders. And I did just that... make A LOT potholders for every person in my family! I am sure EVERYONE in my family needed a potholder, especially grandpa who never stepped foot in the kitchen to cook. To this day I am still not sure why they were called potholders, since they are really only helpful if you cook in a Fisher Price kitchen.

But fast forward three decades later, and my 5 year-old began her quest to make coasters (since we realized their functioning as potholders was a complete farce) for everyone in the family. She received her first plastic loom from her Nanie while on vacation and the very same instructions that I had read as a child came with it.

A few months later something crazy happened. Kirsten received a loom for her birthday from a friend who knows her all too well. But this one wasn't your grandmother's loom kit; it was the next generation of loom kits by Creativity for Kids! Who knew that you could make things other than potholders....

A SUNGLASS CASE
A POCKETBOOK
AND WAIT FOR IT...

A WATER BOTTLE HOLDER!

So with two potholders, some ribbon, yarn & two buttons, we created the coolest water bottle carrier in town! Functional & fancy... just the way we like it!








1 comment: