Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Rapunzel Cupcake Tower

A friend recently asked me for the details on the Rapunzel cupcake tower I made for Julia's 4th birthday Tangled bash.   So here we go...

I began by creating a base for the tower, which I constructed out of styrofoam and a wood dowel. A word of advice... hot glue and styrofoam DO NOT mix... waiting for craft glue to dry is a bore, but works so much better.  After the glue dried, I simply covered the base with green scrapbook paper.


While waiting for the glue to dry, I whipped up my favorite vanilla cupcake mix and baked eight cupcakes without liners in a standard muffin pan.  While the cupcakes cooled, I put the finishing touches on the tower base.


Once the cupcakes cooled, I stacked them in an alternating pattern of top to top... bottom to bottom...


 I then decorated the tower with green frosting ivy and an inverted ice cream sugar cone coated in purple chocolate to finish it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment