Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gung Hay Fat Choy! Happy Year Of The Snake!

The year of the snake has officially begun and like years past, the Clarke girls like to celebrate with some Chinese New Year fun!

As I pondered what fun creation the girls and I could make to celebrate, it all became clear. Since tangerines and oranges are lucky Chinese New Year symbols... Why not make orange Jello slices for our dinner celebration?

I must admit that this year's idea was slightly selfish... okay, totally selfish.  You see, I have been dying to make those cute Jello shots in oranges or lemons that everyone is pinning.  But I certainly haven't thrown a party with guests looking to do a shot or two in some time.

So with just a few oranges and a box of Jello, I was off and running!



Just cut!
This orange seemed to want to sit sideways, so I cut him across the navel.


Scoop!


1 cup boiling
1 cup cold


Fill!


And chill!


Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment