Wednesday, May 29, 2013

S'mores in a Cone

We decided this weekend that Memorial Day is like Thanksgiving... well in the sense that it is a day to say, "thank you!"


But after the parades, Memorial Day becomes a kickoff to summer...
and is the beginning of BBQ season!

This Memorial Day, like others that have come and gone, we gathered with friends to relax, celebrate, and of course eat.  But in our last minute efforts to pull off a simple BBQ for 16... I failed to buy a key ingredient for dessert.

So when Julia proudly announced that it was time to make s'mores, I cringed at the thought of disappointing the eight eager beavers.  So I did what all moms do best... I improvised!


Instead of the graham crackers, which I left on the shelves in the store, I opted for sugar cones!


We layered and stuffed each cone with Hershey's milk chocolate and strawberry marshmallows (Julia's new favorite).


Wrapped 'em in some aluminum foil and threw them on the BBQ.


And in a few short minutes... a yummy treat (that I must admit was far less messy)!



No comments:

Post a Comment