Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pound Cake French Toast

While making my rounds at Dollar Tree for my Mother's Day craft finds, I came across boxed pound cake.  Now I am typically skeptical of food purchases from a dollar store, but it was the same pound cake I had seen at Stop Shop earlier that day.  A quick expiration date check and we were good to go!

At that point I had no idea what I was going to make with it, but since I was in charge of breakfast for my mom and dessert for my mother-in-law, I grabbed four boxes!

Recently I have been on a french toast kick!  Those french toast rollups last month were super easy and to die for.  So I figured why not try pound cake french toast.


After slicing the pound cake, I whisked up a bath of egg, heavy cream, and vanilla.   A quick dip for the pound cake and some time in a pan with heated butter.  When cooked, another dip in a cinnamon and sugar mixture.


I then quickly heated some raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan for an instant sweet sauce.


Another delicious french toast treat!





No comments:

Post a Comment